Navigating the bureaucratic jungle at work can be nothing short of awful. But you know what makes it better? Going home, checking out WordPress, and finding out your blog has been nominated for two awards! Mix that with a new album full of songs you love, and you’ve got yourself a good week!
Big thanks to The Sunday Bottles for nominating me for a Kreativ Blogger Award and to A Serene Scribe for putting my work forward for a Versatile Blogger Award! I so appreciate both of you for not only taking the time to read my ramblings, but to like them enough to give me such an honour. You two kick some serious ass in my book (and have follow-up nominations below)!
Both of the awards require you to thank the person that nominated you (mission accomplished), post a few facts about yourself, and nominate some fellow bloggers you think are a little slice of awesome. Not to be that chick, but the Versatile Blogger Award knocked on my virtual door a while back so check out this post to see how I fulfilled my duties. Thanks again to A Serene Scribe for the nomination!
Moving on to the Kreativ Blogger Award, another round of thanks to The Sunday Bottles for this nomination. One of my favourite parts about blogging is how somewhat inappropriate comments can lead to a mutual follow, and that’s exactly how I came across this blog. Whatever you do, don’t ask him about sod houses. It can only end badly.
On to the duties. The Kreativ Blogger Award requires you to:
1. Thank the person that nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
2. List 7 things about yourself that readers might find interesting
3. Nominate 7 bloggers for the award, provide links, and let them know!
Since #1 has been satisfied, here are my answers to #2:
- I love checking books out from the library, but thinking about the nastiness left on/in them by previous readers is almost enough to prevent me from reading them
- Having to get up early is my idea of hell
- I have no idea what to do with most of the spices I own
- I bartended (is that a real word?) my way across Australia when I was 20
- If you ask me, nothing beats the sight and smell of lilacs
- Because I was raised on the prairies, being in the mountains makes me feel claustrophobic
- I think pie crust is nasty
Moving on to #3, here are 7 blogs you won’t regret checking out:
- The Middlest Sister – She just hit 5,000 followers, and you’ll know why in a second once you check out her work.
- Diary of a Mad Crafter – As a closet crafter, I really admire people who have a seemingly unending supply of creative ideas. That’s exactly why I like this blog so much!
- Expat Edna – If you’re stuck in one place because those pesky bills that won’t pay themselves, you’ll understand why following travel blogs is a must. This one makes you want to quit your job and get on the road asap!
- Miss Foodie’s Gourmet Adventures – Ever wonder what a restaurant is like, and wish someone would just tell you if it’s good or not? Well I was fortunate enough to stumble on this blog about my hometown’s eateries, so now I’m in the know!
- Neon Dice – If you’ve read my recent posts (or are related to me), you know I’m a little obsessed with Vegas. This blog gives you the inside scoop on everyone’s favourite sinful city, and makes you want to get on the next flight down there.
- A Serene Scribe (Kreative Blogger Award nomination) – We all know cubicles suck, but have you ever stopped to really analyze why they suck? Well this blogger has, and her insights are ridiculously spot on. Check her out and see what I mean!
- The Sunday Bottles (Versatile Blogger Award nomination) – Wouldn’t life be so much better if you lived in Mexico and drank (at least) one bottle of wine every Sunday? Well this blogger can tell you what you’re missing, so do yourself a favour and find out!
- Blood, Wine, and Awards – The Sunday Bottles
- Showered By The Generosity Of Others This Week – A Serene Scribe
- This Much Closer to Famous – Cultural Quirks
I didn’t realize you’d nominated me as well, thanks so much, that was very nice of you!
Well I think your posts are great, so you’re very welcome!
Thanks! That’s very sweet of you.
You’re very welcome. And thank you for all the interesting posts!